|How Libraries Participate
Frequently Asked Questions
How does my library participate?
Benefits to your library users
Benefits to your library
- Enjoy a higher profile in your community and the state
- Be part of an innovative and popular statewide collaboration
- Reach new library users
- Add another reference point for higher use statistics
Benefits to your staff
- Offer cutting-edge reference skills for library staff members
- Improve staff reference skills through training, mentoring, and collaboration
- Connect with hundreds of reference staff throughout Pennsylvania
- Get access to subject experts for those challenging question
What are the key dates?
- The trial period which began on July 17, 2006 was successfully completed on September 5.
- Statewide implementation began on September 6, 2006.
- Ask Here PA is now available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
Linking to Ask Here PA
Logos and Links
Logos and Links Participant Libraries
Join Ask Here PA
What libraries say about Ask Here PA
The appeal to most students, of course, is that Ask Here PA is available 24/7 from anywhere they have Internet access. Our library is not open 24 hours a day, so I think that makes this service even more appealing to students who tend to do their work late at night. I have noticed in looking over the questions that a lot of students doing specific research assignments will take advantage of Ask Here PA. Plus, we have many distance learners. Our users seem to really like the service, so I think they probably spread it around by word of mouth.
We are very happy with Ask Here PA, and our reference librarians enjoy staffing it. We feel it is a great service for Pennsylvania, and we enjoying contributing to this service and interacting with a wide variety of users.
Benefits to Participating Libraries
- Add a new library service in a cost effective way
- Manage all of your reference (live chat, telephone, e-mail, and in-person) using the QuestionPoint question management tool
- Be part of an innovative and popular service
- Reach new patrons and improve service to current patrons
- Add a new reference statistic that counts in online times
- Staff will be trained on a cutting edge service
- Participating libraries will be provided with a unique interface to the service that captures local use statistics via links provided from your web site
- Provided with a completely customizable e-mail submission form and full online reference management system